Recognised as a leader when it comes to promoting the growth of companies across the globe through integrated communications with business strategy, Avaya is an American technology company spanning across the globe. Avaya specialises in customer business communications equipment and software. Particularly in the unified comms and contact centre markets, they are a very successful player.
Avaya is currently providing services to over 1 million customer locations worldwide, with their own operations divided throughout five regions to support this huge customer network.
Avaya is ranked #101 on Forbes list of America’s largest private companies.
The ethos behind the company is to bring people together with the correct information in the right context – allowing a deeper level of communication and engagement across employees, partners, teams, and customers. Avaya offers software packages that allow companies to address critical challenges in their system, and their solutions are designed to be highly reliable, scalable, and flexible.
The Beginning of Avaya
In 1995, the first signs of the company came to life as part of Lucent Technologies. Before this time, it had been a part of AT&T. From the start, the employees were committed to understanding the ways in which communications could be adapted as a business tool. During 2000, Lucent’s management chose to break this part of the business off as the “Enterprise Communications group”.
Obviously, the new business required a title, and management selected “Avaya” in an attempt to convey the flow of open and flexible communication. During the press release for the new company, the business suggested that the new name was chosen in an attempt to convey seamless, effortless connections. In October 2000, Avaya received the stock symbol “AV” and began trading as an independent company. Since that point, the company has engaged in a number of efforts that helped to change the face of telecommunications forever. For instance:
- 2002: Launched the “Converged Communications” roadmap.
- 2003: Introduced Avaya MultiVantage communications.
- 2004: Avaya’s Contact Centre Express became the first multimedia contact centre for medium-sized businesses.
- 2005: Avaya Aura launched their Aura Experience Portal .
- 2006: Avaya one-X Quick Edition was launched based on upcoming SIP-based communications
- 2007: Avaya Customer Interaction Suite with End-to-end SIP support was launched
By October 2007, Avaya had decided to officially launch as a privately-held company, acquired by TPG Capital and Silver Lake. The move allowed Avaya a new opportunity to start accelerating its strategy, acting in the marketplace and serving customers with exceptional responsiveness and innovation.
As a private company, they continued to make innovations in the world of communications, including:
- 2008: Introduced Speech to Text technology and focused on communication solutions for tele-workers and small business mobile workers.
- 2009: Integrated communication solutions with Avaya Aura was launched, and acquired Nortel Enterprise Solutions
- 2010: The Aura contact centre launched
- 2012: The shareholders approved an acquisition of Radvision for $230 million
Avaya’s Service Portfolio
As an award-winning service organisation, Avaya offers a comprehensive and reliable suite of offers for enabling, supporting, optimising, and managing client engagement and networking solutions. The services provided by Avaya are intended to allow customers and staff to reduce total costs, mitigate risks, and optimise productivity based on the unique needs of each business.
Today, Avaya’s support services are backed by experts in no less than 28 global support centres, which handle around 2 million service requests per year across 42 countries. The
Avaya’s network of solutions is designed to bring people together through a variety of deployment models including private, hybrid, and public cloud, as well as on premise. Today, they offer offer:
- A range of customer engagement solutions for multi-channel interactions, self-service and proactive communication.
- Networking architecture solutions that combine to form pioneering scalable, and effective business-oriented systems. Avaya are currently a leading industry in BYOD mobility, and application optimisation.
- Team engagement solutions, including highly mobile solutions for connections between members of a team from remote locations.
Experienced Avaya Unified Communications? Please comment and rate/review below