CyberLink Corp., this week announced the official launch of U, a new solution for Windows, Mac and mobile devices that substantially simplifies and streamlines online business meetings, webinar presentations and instant messaging for business.
U is designed to replace dated web conferencing systems that are difficult to use and offer poor call quality and reliability, all of which can result in loss of business. CyberLink’s patented video technology enables lag-free HD video meetings with an incidence rate for dropped calls close to zero. With a design focused on minimalist simplicity, there is virtually no learning curve. New users can operate the intuitive interface from the outset.
“Video meetings and presentations are increasingly important to business communication, yet for most people, existing tools are frustratingly difficult to use, and often unreliable,” said Dr. Jau Huang, CEO of CyberLink.
“U not only offers video and call quality unheard of in this space, but we’ve made it as simple and engaging as the apps people use every day to connect with friends. U is social media for business”.
The solution is built around three modules:
- U Messenger offers a fresh take on instant team collaboration with features such as easy file sharing, polling and forums, and even engaging stickers to build team spirit.
- U Meeting might well be the simplest and most efficient tool to start video meetings on time and without technical challenges.
- U Webinar offers unique tools to help presenters organise and edit content, repurpose previous presentations, and deliver strong broadcasts live or from previously recorded content.
U also incorporates PerfectCam – the world’s first live virtual makeup plugin for conferencing systems.
Key Features of U
- High quality HD video meetings with up to 100 participants
- Browser-based meetings with no download required for participants, so meetings start on time
- Lag-free, full frame rate (30fps) screen sharing
- Compatible with Outlook and Google Calendar scheduling
- Full Microsoft PowerPoint integration, in addition to screen sharing capabilities
- Mix and arrange PowerPoint content and other sources (i.e. Excel, videos, etc.) effortlessly
- Jump through slides in any order to adjust presentations on-the-fly and add live annotations
- Engage both in-room and remote audiences simultaneously
- Record presentations during live broadcasts or offline
- Edit sound recordings on a modular (slide-by-slide) basis
- Schedule a pre-recorded session to play on a dedicated URL at a specific time
- Create simple team rooms for easy communication and file sharing
- Bring your messages to life and enhance team spirit with a range of engaging stickers
- Share files with simple drag ‘n’ drop function
- Create discussion topics, polls and surveys in groups
- Create forums for business discussion and send bulletins to group members
- Available instantly on desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile
- Instantly apply precise virtual makeup during live video meetings and webinars to create an impressive professional look
- Choose from a wide range of professionally-designed business makeup looks – from formal to casual – with one click
- Customise existing presets or create your own makeup looks from scratch
U is available today from the U website in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese, and Korean.
U provides different subscription plans tailored to particular business requirements. For meetings and webinars, plans are available according to the number of participants and session duration needed. A free version of U offers meetings and webinars for up to 25 participants for a maximum of 50 minutes and 60 minutes respectively.
CyberLink (5203.TW) is a world leader in multimedia software design. Since 1996, CyberLink has transformed how people enjoy and create media on PCs, mobile devices and in the Cloud. The company’s award-winning products are sold to all major PC manufacturers as well as millions of customers worldwide. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, CyberLink also runs regional operations through offices in the US, Japan, Europe and Asia-Pacific territories.