Actiance, the leader in communications compliance, archiving, and analytics, yesterday announced at Microsoft’s annual Ignite Conference capture and archiving support for Microsoft Teams, a real-time collaboration hub that’s bringing new levels of efficiency to the enterprise.
Actiance Vantage for Microsoft Teams enables customers to capture Microsoft Teams messaging and files and then send to their electronic communications archive of choice for long-term retention. When used in conjunction with Actiance Alcatraz, the company’s context-aware cloud archive, customers can replay Microsoft Teams communications along with those taking place on more than 80 other communications channels such as email, secure text messaging, unified communications and social media, for a holistic view of all communications through the Actiance compliance platform.
Bringing the full benefits of collaboration to the regulated enterprise
Adoption of Microsoft Teams is growing fast, and a recent study by Spiceworks projects that it may be the second most commonly used workplace messaging platform by 2018. However, organizations in highly regulated industries like financial services face regulatory challenges, as they must meet strict records retention requirements set by regulatory bodies such as the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), among others. In addition, government organizations that use Microsoft Teams must retain and produce public records to meet federal Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and state open records laws.
“Companies using Office 365 can now adopt Microsoft Teams with confidence that their conversations and content can be captured and archived in full compliance with any regulatory demands,” said Anthony West, CTO, Actiance.
“Actiance is thrilled to announce support for Microsoft Teams, and we believe that this will ease the challenges to adoption of a platform that is changing the way people collaboratively work online.”
Office 365 customers who enable Microsoft Teams can leverage Actiance Vantage for Microsoft Teams solution to:
- Capture, index, and search one-to-one chats, multi-party chat, and Team Persistent channels
- Capture uploaded files in their original format, regardless of device, location or network
- Export necessary Teams data in multiple formats securely and directly to Actiance Alcatraz or another archive of choice
Used in conjunction with Actiance Alcatraz, Office 365 customers benefit from:
- Rapid Search: across all Teams communications and over 80 other channels in one consolidated destination
- Simplified eDiscovery: escalate and tag Teams content based on cases, events or topics
- Robust Supervision: comprehensive audit trails that track each review session, actions taken on messages, and routes messages to supervisors for further review
- Immutable Storage: Teams communications are preserved on non-erasable, non-rewriteable media in their native, unaltered format to meet recordkeeping obligations
Actiance Vantage for Microsoft Teams is available either on-premises or in the Microsoft Azure Cloud.
Actiance is the leader in communications compliance, archiving, and analytics. We provide compliance across the broadest set of communications and social channels with insights on what’s being captured. Actiance customers manage over 500 million daily conversations across 80 channels and growing. Customers include the top 10 U.S., top 5 Canadian, top 8 European, and top 3 Asian banks. The Actiance advantage is customers stay ahead of compliance and uncover patterns and relationships hidden within their data.