It’s finally here, CommsTrader.com has launched their debut Blogging competition across the globe.
We’re looking for guest blog posts related to the subject of Unified Communications. To give you some guidance here’s some hot topics you could cover, however we must insist that all blog articles submitted are related in some way to business communications.
Timeline of Events:
- Event opened 13th July 2017 09:00 GMT
- Blog Parade – put your blog on show asap (see How do you enter?), get as many views & shares as you can!
- Closing date for submissions – 15th September 2017 23:59 GMT
- Shortlist Announced – 22nd September 2017
- Winners Announced – 29th September 2017
Example Blog Topics
Unified Communications, Digital Transformation, Cloud Communications, Artificial Intelligence, Call Analytics, Call Recording, Contextual Comms, IoT, WebRTC, CPaaS, UCaaS, VaaS, Cloud, Future of Work, SIP Trunking, 5G, VR, M2M, OTT, GDPR, Cyber Security, SD-WAN, Contact Centre technologies, CCaaS, Video Conferencing, Collaboration
The closing date is Friday September 15th 2017 at 23:59 (GMT).
Apart from the obvious global accolade of being the ‘Best #UComs Blogger in the World 2017‘ we have mustered up some prizes for the top 3 winners.
- 1st prize – Apple iPad
- 2nd place – Plantronics BackBeat PRO 2 wireless headphones
- 3rd place – Polycom VVX 600 IP phone
A blog post is similar to a personal journal or diary entry. It is a place to express your opinions to the world. A place to share your thoughts, passions and expertise. Really, it’s anything you want it to be.
You don’t have to be a professional writer to write a blog. However, do get someone to check your final entry for grammar and readability before submitting it.
For the purpose of the competition we are happy to receive technical or non-technical blog posts. It’s entirely up to you, however do remember if you go too techie our judges and audience may or may not understand what you’re talking about!
A blog post can often come in many formats, here’s a link to some article styles you might consider:
We’re flexible on style, we just want you to be as creative as you possibly can.
No images are permitted in the body of your article, however you MUST submit a featured image as part of your submission.
The featured image dimensions are 850 px x 425 px.
If unsuitable images are submitted we reserve the right to change it without notice.
Yes, you can add a short personal bio at the bottom of your article.
Your bio may contain an external link to your own blog or company web site.
No embedded links are permitted in the body of your article.
However, your personal bio may contain an external link to your own blog or company web site.
- Only one entry per person – If multiple entries are received then we will use the first blog post you submitted.
- Your article must not be any more than 1000 words. Minimum 400 words.
- You do not have to be affiliated with a company
- Written in English (poor spelling or grammar will not be accepted)
- .Doc Word file format (see ‘How do you enter’)
All qualifying blog posts will be published on CommsTrader.com/blogcomp.
The top 20 most interesting articles with the most shares, page views and best quality comments received will be added to the shortlist. We encourage all participants to submit your blogs as soon as possible to ensure maximum exposure.
However, don’t worry if you’re late to the competition, it’s quality we’re looking for rather than simply numbers.
Choosing the Winners
The winners will be ultimately decided by our panel of judges on the basis of creativity and relevance to unified communications in the world of business.
We have a fantastic line-up of judges, here they are:
- Monica Visconti-Patel, RingCentral
- Paul Dunne, Plantronics
- Tim Britt, Polycom
- Steve Neil, Audio Productions
- This competition is organised by CommsTrader Ltd, company registered in the UK. Registration no. 10494324
- All blog articles submitted are exclusive to CommsTrader and are not to be posted on the public internet apart from CommsTrader.com
- We reserve the right not to publish your article if we deem the article not suitable for the competition.
- All published blog articles will remain on CommsTrader.com after the event for a minimum of 12 months.
- We reserve the right to modify your blog articles to meet with our competition guidelines. This may include the removal of hyperlinks, changes to styling, images, spelling corrections, title, tags and excerpt.
- This competition is governed by English law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising in connection with it.
- No Purchase Necessary
Join in the fun and share and like as much as you can. We really appreciate your support in making this competition a success.
View all the latest live blogs here:
Across the event we’ll be posting regular updates on social media, remember to like our LinkedIn page!
Any questions, please comment below.